SAUNA CIRCLE TUESDAY 4th APRIL 2023 7.45PM – 9.45PM
Join the Tribelife Community for our first-ever Sauna Circle
TRIBELIFE is a nurturing community that encourages participation, collaboration and new ideas. Exploring new alternative worlds that will assist in awakening your life’s purpose and inspire creativity.
We believe that connection & collaboration is the key to a happy and fulfilled life and by launching our new socials outside of the club events we hope to encourage further support and promote wellness with music still at the focus.
Sauna’s, and in particular the Hackney Wick Community Baths, have been a key part of our lives this winter and we can’t wait to launch the first singing sauna ceremony hosted by TIMANTI and the Tribelife family with our incredible sound therapist and Mind Like Water founder Michelle Cade who will be leading the Chakra Toning and Sauna Jam. We’ll be using our ceremony modalities mixed them with authentic sauna practices for this very special session.
As well as all the benefits from the sauna which include the following:
Detoxification, increased metabolism, weight loss, increased blood circulation, pain reduction, anti-aging, skin rejuvenation, improved cardiovascular function, improved immune function, improved sleep, stress management, and relaxation.
We’ll be adding the following:
When you set an intention, it provides accountability and allows you to take control of your personal choices and life. We encourage you to think about an intention beforehand.
A powerful technique to restore balance and flow to your energy system (chakras) using vowel sounds and affirmations. No singing experience is necessary, we are simply sounding.
It also helps to create self-awareness through sound awareness and shifts us into the witness consciousness. A calming and grounding way to observe what’s going on inside us without attachment.
Aufguss is a sauna ritual lasting about 10-15 minutes. It’s a multi-sensory experience inside the sauna. The Aufguss master works with water to circulate heat throughout the sauna with a towel. The core elements of an Aufguss are heat, essential oils and music.
A Sauna Jam
feel free to bring any small waterproof instruments like shakers etc
7:30 PM – Arrival
7.40 – Smudging
7.45 Opening circle – Introduction – We will be introducing ourselves and pronouns (we welcome all people and encourage everyone to be mindful of using gendered language or assuming someone’s gender)
8PM – Chakra Toning & Sauna Song
8.30 – Aufguss
9PM – Sauna Jam
9.25 – Sharing & Closing9.30-9.45 Open Sauna / Finish
The sauna is very hot! As our spaces are extremely limited we encourage you to have participated in a few saunas before or attended the Hackney Wick Sauna baths. Our sets will be 10-15 mins each and there will be breaks/opportunities to take ice plunges.
Please arrive at 7.30PM sharp for smudging before entering the sauna our session will begin at 7.45 – 9.45 and the last 15mins will be sharing & open sauna.
We will be recording the session and taking some photos so please only attend if you consent to this. You will also need to fill in a quick online health and safety form if you’ve never been to the Community Sauna Baths on arrival:
Where to find us
The Eastway Baths, 80 Eastway, Hackney Wick, London. E9 5JH
We’re located in the backyard of an old 1930s Public Baths building. Enter through the front doors, walk through the café and head to the back right of the room. Through the door, you’ll find yourself in the East Wing where the Hackney Wick Sauna Baths reception is to be found.
What to bring
- Swimwear / No nudity please (however there is a free nipple policy at the sauna for all genders)
- x2 Towels one to dry after the session & one to sit on in the sauna
- Pools sliders/ flip flops
- Water bottle
- Plastic bag for taking home wet belongings
- Bathrobe (optional)
- Sauna hat (optional) These will be available for your use on site
- Safety Points
- We do not recommend walking around barefoot. The ground can be uneven at points, and dirt and grime get picked up and taken into the sauna and cold plunge. Please bring flip-flops or pool sliders to wear when walking around on the ground outside.
- Please shower thoroughly before entering the sauna or cold plunge. We do not currently have a hot shower.
- All belongings except sauna gear (swimwear, towels, hat, water bottle, flip flops etc.) must be kept in the main building, folded away in the lockers, boxes and shelves provided. We cannot be liable for your valuables, but we do have a safety deposit box where we can keep them safe should you wish.
- The sauna is a hot place, and this is all thanks to the stove. Keep in mind that it is incredibly hot, and exercise caution standing up and moving about the sauna. Do not lean on the safety guard surrounding the sauna.
- The sauna should be a safe space for everyone. If someone is making you feel anxious or uncomfortable, please tell your sauna host.
The most powerful instrument in the world…your voice!
Have you tried Chakra Toning before? I highly recommend it. Even if you think you can’t sing, if you can utter a word, you can do this and your body & mind will love you for it.
If you’re not familiar with the Chakras, here’s a little breakdown.
There are seven major chakras (meaning spinning wheel in Sanskrit) as well as many minor ones, in the Hindu Chakra system. Each chakra corresponds to specific glands, organs, and aspects of your being.
Energy flows vertically as well as horizontally through the chakra system and nadis (energetic pathways) but emotional challenges & traumas that impact us all along the way, can cause them to become blocked or imbalanced.
Vocal toning the chakras is a powerful way to help restore balance and flow to your energy system using your voice to stimulate the body’s natural healing process.
Toning can have similar effects as exercise, like the release of endorphins, which leaves you feeling uplifted. It gets more oxygen into the blood for better circulation, which boosts your mood. Singing and toning also help to release stored muscle tension and decrease the levels of cortisol (a stress hormone) in your bloodstream.
OUR EVENT IS SOLD OUT – FOR OUR NEXT EVENT SIGN UP HERE